Home
Programme
Rooms
Purpose
Team
News
History
Community
Photogallery
Contact

Lilienhof was settled in the 11th century and was probably called "Zillinghof" because it was the landing place for the little boats on the right side of the bank of the Traisen River.

It was in possession of Augustian monks in St. Pölten. The property was sold under Superior Christoph Müller from Frankenstein and changed owners several times.
In 1755, the property was acquired by the "Englischen Fräulein" and has been in their possession ever since.

Up to 1980, it has been adapted to the particular agricultural conditions. Then it was changed into a boarding school for handicapped pupils. In 1993/94 the community decided to establish the Maria Ward House and to open it as an educational facility. Out of that a seminary business has developed in the course of the last years.