Our community was founded in 1610
by an Englishwoman called Mary Ward.
This is where the expression "Englische Fräulein" comes
from, which is the German name for "Congregatio Jesu". Mary
Ward realized that women were as much called to do their part in building
God's empire as men were. Throughout her life, she was faithful to this
mission that she received from God. She saw her mission as:
She lived out of the source of
the spiritual exercises of St. Ignatius. Searching for God and finding
God in all that is and in all affairs was her primary motive.